Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: covering my arse SHOW AT KEENE, NEW HAMPSHIRE 4/27
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=8461&mesg_id=8553
8553, RE: covering my arse SHOW AT KEENE, NEW HAMPSHIRE 4/27
Posted by waltamctommiepoint, Fri Jun-06-03 10:10 AM
Quest,
First I'd like to thank you for coming to my school, Keene State College in NH. I had previously written posts trying to get y'all to make a stop there for a show, and when it finally was a reality - y'all absolutely ripped it and rocked KSC well, thank you. Being an avid hiphop listener and The Roots holding the torch as my favorite group, I try to check y'all out whenever you enter Boston area. So this was my 5th show and no doubt my favorite one. Actually, I got the chance to play h.o.r.s.e. with Frank Knuckles and Mack Dub at the rec. center for about two hours straight before prior to y'all hitting the stage. Let me just say this was an unbelievable experience. I asked Knuckles questions concerning the group that I've always wanted to know, and he was just mad cool about the whole thing. Both Knuckles and Mack Dub have some nice skills on the court too, even though I think I won it the shooting showdown;). If you ever do read this post: please let Knuckles know that his Keene State friends, Brad and Joey Crack, say whats up! Actually, if I could somehow get a hold of Knuckles email address that would be def appreciated..I know that y'all are extremely busy performing and creating the finest in hiphop music.
So get back on the autograph tip(the posts subject), I got all Roots members to sign the KSC Roots promotion poster for me, which is now framed and honored in my room. But, I was unable to have you sign it, damn. You unfortunately jetted quick after the show. I barely got Hub to sign the poster while he was packing about 20 hoodies into his tavel-bag. I knew that Hub enjoyed the hoodies, but damn..HAHA. I kind of felt pushy asking for autographs, but with my favorite group on campus, I had to give it a try. A beautiful girl who was most likely working/touring with y'all told me that you were on the other tour bus. I didn't want to bother you with immature petty nonsense. So, I refrained and felt that my limits had been pushed. Also, I saw Knuckles leading some New Hampshire honies onto the tourbus..HAHA, YEEEEAH FRANK! I now know that I probably should have listened to her and attempted to ask you in order to complete my priceless Roots suvenire. Now the question is: how can I get you to sign it? It would be pretty difficult to bring it to a future show, where it could damage the ish out of it and somehow have you sign it. I know that it would be pretty greedy of me thinking that I that I could have you sign it in some over the mail agreement. Unfortunately, that might be the only way.. Sorry this is quite the foolish reQuest from me of you the "hardest working man in hiphop" Questlove, but I really am a devoted-okayplayer fan. Let me know if you have any ideas, I would appreciate with the upmost. Thanks again for making the stop at Keene and unleashing a truely unforgetable show.

Thanks,
Brad
bclark1@ksc.mailcruiser.com