Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: covering my arse
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=8461&mesg_id=8488
8488, RE: covering my arse
Posted by gilaboy, Wed May-21-03 02:06 PM
you forgot to mention that from the moment they asked you to sign shit until you left you were talking on your cell phone. those cats did seem a little fraudulent and all, but I was right there and you seemed like you were in enough of a hurry that I didn't want to disturb you for an autograph.
I'm not gonna hate, no doubt you had some place to be. But from my point of view, both sides weren't approaching the situation planning on a friendly interaction. That is completely ridiculous that they showed up to your hotel, that's definitely pushing it.
So I wouldn't say you were being a nasty arrogant superstar or anything like that- the whole autograph thing seems strange to me too. I had the chance to bump into Black thought in Seattle a few years ago, and in the spur of the moment I didn't ask for his autograph, I asked him who he was gonna vote for in the next presidential election. It was great he said something like, 'there's no candidate to vote for'. definitely a nice memory.
By the way, excellent show- me and a friend drove from olympia, WA to see ya'll. (eff the 21 and over seattle bullshit). we didn't even have tickets, and almost left but a guy was looking to sell his right before the show so we got lucky. keep rockin the best live show in hiphop!