Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: covering my arse
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=8461&mesg_id=8463
8463, RE: covering my arse
Posted by a_brother_named_george, Wed May-21-03 10:19 AM
co-sign on the value of the signature.You may not see it as being of value in a financial aspect... But when a person gets your autograph (or another fave celeb of theirs) the value is in fact quite large.
I remember when I first met Dave from De La and got his autograph after a show at the Maritime back in the "Stakes Is High" days... I damn near froze,stared at the signature and then just kept on.The impact De La have had on me is unmeasured on various levels.
Then there was the time I met yourself and the rest of the Roots (sans Malik B) in Berkeley at Rasputins in the Illadelph days.You were very approachable and laid back... it does have an impact on an individual beyond what you may think when you do sign for them... Please do not let this Portland experience make you hesitant to sign for deserving fans... I will hopefully be seeing y'all sometime in the near future and if I'm lucky would like to chop it up with you,shoot you my album and go on.