Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectcovering my arse
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=8461&mesg_id=8461
8461, covering my arse
Posted by qoolquest, Wed May-21-03 10:01 AM
so i got into it last night in portland.

i was rushing to this outdoor sports store to cop a jacket.

i saw some cats at the backstage gates holding some posters and magazines, etc. so i figured that despite my rush i would stop and sign some things.

an urb here
a poster there
a poster there
an urb here
a drumhead there
a poster there
here an urb...
there an urb...
there an ur...

wait a minute?!!!!!!!

these aren't fans these are autograph collectors who will just sell this shit on ebay. i didn't want to go out my ass for sure, but none of them mentioned being an okayplayer (one was calling me ahmir--so i knew he aint on the boards)....and then they asked for autographs from my soundguy (artless)--sheeeit one cat even thought rashid wallace was ben kenney's replacement.

so i stopped and walked away. got in the van and headed to my hotel only for the same cats to rush they ass off on some ronin car chase shit and beat me to my hotel. i told them respectfully that i am declining autographs. for i had already signed one dudes 6 urb mags. i mean shouldn't that be enough?

my whole steeze is i am all about extending some time and talk to people who i feel are really supportive of the group. and i just can't feel the whole selling my signature (for startes, is it even worth anything? no hip hopper alive that i know of is worth anything--damn that looks cold--but fudge it) on ebay.

i dont know how to end this. not looking for permission or approval. or some sort of hip hop priest to confess my sins to. i just feel some way about that.

sigh....okay

now that is done.

hows about gathering together and voting online so we can win that webby.

if we win i promise to make special ed (not the made man, but the yanker himself) an okayartist.

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!