Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjecti agree, i definitely do.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=8351&mesg_id=8382
8382, i agree, i definitely do.
Posted by prophet j, Mon Jun-16-03 09:55 AM
and i have a tremendous amount of mcgruder just for trying to do find out what he now knows and for the risks he takes. my thing is just that i get bored with it after a while. i still think it's funny and i still like the messages, but the strip doesn't seem like it's taking any turns or growing in any way. maybe that's not bad. i'm not even completely against it either. i just think that you can still have the messages that mcgruder releases through this strip and have more of a plot involving the various characters you mentioned.

back when the boondocks still included jazmine and cindy and the various other characters, mcgruder had political messages. lets not forget the election. he was very in tune with what was going on and there was still a story to it. even after september 11th.

all i'm saying is that there can be a balance. just because you want a story with a plot and many characters doesn't mean you can't to touch on many political and real-life subjects, just like having a story that touches on lots of political and real-life subjects doesn't mean you can't have a plot and characters. i'm not disappointed with the boondocks, but i WOULD like it better if it had more plot to it as well as the messages that are so well displayed.

- - - - -

www.wingnutjazz.com <--- !!!!!!
peace & love