Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectHere's some of my experiences
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=8257&mesg_id=8340
8340, Here's some of my experiences
Posted by a_brother_named_george, Fri Jun-20-03 06:30 AM
Public Enemy - I've seen them a few times and they generally rocked between 90 mins. to 2 hours on average

De La - seen them more times than I can count,and will continue to see them as much as possible,and I've seen sets range from 45 minutes to 2 1/2 hours. I don't feel 2 1/2 hours is too much because there is so much material I'd like to hear outside of the singles.

Kweli - basically has like close to 3 albums worth of material and I've seen Kweli rock between 1-2 hours easy.

Jill Scott - saw her twice and both times her set clocked in at about 90 minutes.And that is with only one album worth of material.

Zion I - Amazing live performers who can give you 2 hours easy and still leave you wanting more...

as for y'all ?uest... I've yet to see a Roots show clock in more than 90 minutes (as far as I remember).I'd like for the SF bay area to be blessed with one of these 3-4 hour spectaculars.What can you do for us??? I mean having 5-6 albums worth of material you can afford to drop a 2 1/2 to 3 every so often... Especially on the Bay Area where we love us some Roots.I look at y'all similar to how I view De La,there are so many songs I'd love to hear live outside the more popular selections and singles...