Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: the time
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=8257&mesg_id=8304
8304, RE: the time
Posted by wesc, Thu Jun-19-03 02:48 AM
Okay 90 minutes is just about right for a hip hop show. You have to keep in mind that a lot of these large scale events have scene, wardrobe changes, etc which eat up minutes. My feeling is that the Roots could go on for 3 hours and it would not get stale. However, for a band that is pretty much on the road year round that length of time is just not reasonable to expect. I could only feel that the reason they booed is because they don't get the opportunity to see the Roots that much and wanted as much as possible to fill the void. But I still don't think that's a justifiable reason to boo. I mean the Roots didn't come down to NC on this most recent tour *scowl* but it's not like I'm going to be an a$$ and boo them if they're only on stage for 90 minutes or even 60 minutes. People need to learn to appreciate the fact that the Roots come to their area and the time that they do have rather than bitch and moan because they don't get a 3 hour extravaganza. That's just not who the Roots are and I would believe that true fans of the Roots understand that. Now with that said, what do we have to do to get the Roots back down here in NC???