Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectwhen you was in switzerland, some years ago...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=8257&mesg_id=8294
8294, when you was in switzerland, some years ago...
Posted by rubberbaby_ed1, Wed Jun-18-03 09:38 PM
... and you recorded some tracks for "roots come alive" you did about 3 to 4 hours. And that was a "HELL YEAH"!

But everyone knows one can't do that every night. So:

Everything less than 90 min (as a main act) is lousy for the roots! 90 minutes is very acceptable if the crowd is average. If your audience is great they deserve more, but i don't have to tell you. If every show on your tour lasted 90min it would be again disappointing.

>PE (respected hip hop group):
does that mean you ain't respected?? --> the same as for you.

>a nelly (commercial new cat with 2 records):
are you going to drum in nelly's band? --> should do 90min but usually have only 70 (more because of being commercial than of being a new cat. You call him a cat? interesting, that forces me to listen to his album.

>, a def jux or blackalicious (underground respect):
when i saw blackalicious, they were opener for mos def but still gave a 70min concert. but as a main act it would be the same as for you.

>, gang starr (group with more than 5 albums):
there is no damn difference!!!

>, de la (group with classics)
where again is the difference from you?

>matter of fact--include singers too. does anyone in black
>music even give a 2 hour show? i think last show i went to
>that i had nothing to do with was......janet?

yes some do. but most have shows between 1,5 to 2 h.

But the price-argument is very relevant. but i don't think you have an influence on your ticket prices. Do you? that would be an interesting question! Have you ever said: "We don't play here if they have to pay more than 40$!" ????