Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectthe time
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=8257&mesg_id=8257
8257, the time
Posted by qoolquest, Wed Jun-18-03 03:32 PM
answer me this oh hip hop nation of mine.

what is the average length of a hip hop show.

from cats you "respect"
cats you hate
cats who are mega commercial
cats who are ultra underground.

i know im not crazy. but i think mofo'n german cats was trying to take my head off tonight.

the reason?

we did a 90 minute show.

i know we vary the infamous rza show in nyc that clocked 4 hours. to the gagalicious 25 minute days of smokin grooves.

tonight--we did a boo boo. we traveled to europe on the same day we perform (sleep and traveling does not mean sleep)--and there are some complications with a certain beat boxer and a percussionist and their passports. but i felt like we gave 200 percent.

all i know is cheers turned into encores turned into boos turned into near riot which turned into autograph-cum-if you dontgetthefuckouttamyfacewiththat90minsislameshit....

so i need to know the standard.

average show of say...a PE (respected hip hop group), a nelly (commercial new cat with 2 records), a def jux or blackalicious (underground respect), gang starr (group with more than 5 albums), de la (group with classics)

matter of fact--include singers too. does anyone in black music even give a 2 hour show? i think last show i went to that i had nothing to do with was......janet?

school me.