Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectHell Yeah
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=8180&mesg_id=8187
8187, Hell Yeah
Posted by Alpine, Tue Jun-24-03 09:44 AM
I totally agree....... if he wants pics of that night I can send it to him too. (see that I’m it too hahaahah) I was talking to skills about okayplayer.......he was mad cool.

I was going to make my own post of my experience that night but didn't have time........so he it goes....

I had already decided to go to the Mos Def and his band Black Jack Johnson at Central Park left 7pm which is the time the show should start. I got there and the security guy was like "the show is not open to the pubic" ...so I went to the other entrance and it was the same story. There was this huge guy with his family politicking to get in so I soon became part of his family, and while he was talking, I slid behind him and just walked right in. When I got to the stage Mos Def was done... I missed him by 10 minutes.

everclear ( a white rock band) was coming on so I stayed…….. Did I mention I packed my camera and camcorder in my bag …………so I pulled out my trusty camera and took some picks of them……. that was over by 10pm but then I remembered talib had a show that night at SOB's but it was sold out, and I had a camcorder in my bag so I knew I could never get in. I had nothing to do so I decided to go there and try and see if I was gonna get lucky.

I got there and mad people were inside already and countless others outside looking for tickets. The energy outside made me want to get in even more. I almost cried (lol.joking)…… I kept begging like a dog 'ANY EXTRA TICKETS" I was determine to get in……. finally this guy had an extra. I got it quick before the other dogs took my snack. I showed it to the guy at the door and flew pass him. The show was like five minutes into it so they didn't check my bags ( I thought that was the reason).

When I got in shit was off the meat racks, I’m saying bumpin like a mother. Ten minutes into the show guess who walked in ....the might MOS hahahaahahahahah….. I was like yes……it was then I saw talib's manager taking pics .... so I pulled out my yes ..trusty camera.. and started snapping *click, click, click* I was close to the entrance being that there were so many people but guess who walked in bumping me on the way in …COMMON……. I was like "word up rasheeeeed" (like I lived next door to him or something) he then makes his way too the stage and starts to rip it. the place is on fire now.

RES came on and sang a couple songs with talib off the old and new album. This is while I kept talking pics....... like the professional cameraman that I am I soon made my way close to the stage... like maybe ten feet....and then Pharoahe Monch stepped on stage… he sang his new single "agent orange" and then “Simon says”. This one blew the place up….. It was at that time that I saw talib’s manager with a camcorder and said WTF..... I don't care if they take my camcorder. I pulled it out and started to videotape the show..... so I’m now taping "Simon says" and trying to get closer but to no avail. SKILLZ then walk in and proceeds to rip the stage with some freestyle I was like oh my god this night is legendary.

So I’m taping and guess who’s 5 feet away..............POS from DE LA SOUL.(mofo coming out the woodwork) After SKILLZ was done talib brought Craig G, an old school hitman...........he does his thing and talib does some other cuts with the final song being "get by”.
I was like that was a show and I was ready to go home but I decided to stay a little while, luckily I did cause I got to speak with Common and ask for a pic and yes.....(in ladies man's voice....yeaaaaah again I pulled my trusty camera) and ask for a pic. he said sure and *click* .....There it was Common and Alpine on print. this same scenario was similar with all the artists that were there. so I have pics with mos def, talib, pharoach monch, Skillz, Pos from de la soul, Common (I already said him), kanye West and Res and Tracy (½ of jazzyfat) and another with mos def and that VJ from MTV. I think his name is quadus.......he was looking at me and I’m looking at him like...i'm suppose to know you cause he on TV... He was cool.....said what’s up. And that's all folks.i will have the pics by the end of the week

------------------------------
a leader who does not hesitate before he sends his nation to battle is not fit to be a leader

Only by his actions can a man make himself and his life whole.

i need to see president Bush on the front lines like ethiopian Emperor Haile Selassie battling musolini for freedom

Alpine--Da beneficent
Da beneficent