Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectstateside mojito vs. real cuban mojito
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=8109&mesg_id=8162
8162, stateside mojito vs. real cuban mojito
Posted by h20molecule, Wed Jun-25-03 08:59 PM
you won't get a real mojito in most american bars. a real mojito is just equal parts lime juice and rum, lots of sugar until you "cut" the sour taste of the lime , ice and yerba beuna. you usually order true mojitos by the pitcher (Asas they are too hard to make individually) and let the ice mellow them out a bit before you start sippin' on it. the will get you messed up quickly as that lime and sugar overwhelm the tastebuds and nose (we smell liquor much more than we taste it...learned that one in bartender school) a true is a lot stronger then what the make in the states which has club soda in it to weaken it (so you order more throughout the course of the night) and mint which is easier to acquire than the yerba beuna. plus they don't even chop or crush up the mint.

h20
----------------------------------------------
if hip hop ever dies...it will be the day that all of us who fell in love with a new sound that was like nothing we ever heard before and kept being amazed as it grew and changed and morphed stop wanting to be challenged...it will be the day we make a bunch of unbreakable rules and accept it all as hip hop cannon, and the next musical form will have to born of a rebellion against all you reactionaries who wouldn't let it grow and change because your "love" was really obsession and you held on so tight that you choked her. it will be the day that young kids don't want to hear about hip hop anymore because they still listen with their hearts...in reality hip hop won't really be dead anyway, she will just have to undergo another name change like she always has...word to miles and dizzy. - kacy wilson

for the record i wouldn't say i cry a lot uncontrollably, but when alone if i feel like crying, i let it on out...shit is healthy and you feel great afterwards like you just had a really nice blowjob. - kacy wilson