Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: bored in milan or
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=7826&mesg_id=7920
7920, RE: bored in milan or
Posted by mykey, Wed Jul-02-03 04:21 PM
It was Datskat that propelled me to go to the record store and buy my first Roots album, and it turned out that the one they had was Illadelph. I had heard the song off a compilation and didn't know that you already had two other albums out before then. But got IH, listened, and was thenceforth hooked. That must have been 96 - junior year. I've now got em all (including that legendary EP) and feel that by all things good and true in this world they should all be platinum. I'm probably gonna have to contribute twice to the cause for a couple of em anyways cause IH is scuffed beyond tolerance, by a long shot, and DYWM has recently come up lost... however it is that that can happen. Who knows, maybe there'll be a resurgence of interest in classical artistry and they will all be enshrined in even more precious metals.

Enjoy Milan, churches, Europe, and everything else. I'll finally be seeing you guys again in August. The touring you all do is amazing. Finally, a universal touring machine. Shit, only some hard core propellerheads will get that one. That means I really got to shut up now. Peace.