Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectSWITCH UP...(change my pitch up?)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=7268&mesg_id=7268
7268, SWITCH UP...(change my pitch up?)
Posted by qoolquest, Thu Jul-31-03 11:38 PM
okay---so "where is the love" comes on...and now that it's a bonnafide pop hit (number 9 on billboard charts...congrats wil, you wanted it (member that "competitive" remark?)--you got it) i decided to pay close attention to the song....and lo and behold---the beggining of each verse reminds me of someone else--sorta like reverse "ghost weeeeeeeeeeeed"

-first verse/cee lo
-second verse/biggie
-third verse/k-os

go listen--

now listen again...

see?!?!?! funny right?

now! for extra addage: what is up with guru and his multiple personalites?

remember ALONGWAYTOGO? on hard to earn? member how compressed and --well weird his voice sounded? kinda like someone imitating him? well all throughout this OWNERZ joint i realize that THIS GUY IS GURU:

the intro guy talkinng about his kids....that's guru

the second verse on "capture" is guru!?!?

til 1:41 seconds in "zonin'" i thought the second verse was someone else...

sheeeit even "eulogy" his voice is--so ungurulike.

i wonder what the recording process was like? only on dirty's albums could i hear an obvious punch in as in "oh he musta came back like 4 weeks later to do this punch in.

and how cool is it that primo kept a log of every dead person on that song? merlin santana (from cosby/steve harvey) threw me off. i wonder what that process was like? i forgot to thank my mom at the grammys---does prime keep a dead man log next to his accapella log? (saw the magic log while doing "devil's pie"--dude is so organized when it comes to accapellas--new word though prime--COMPUTER!)

anyway--marinate on that.