Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: a few reasons Y users might want 2 check the news d
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=6763&mesg_id=6781
6781, RE: a few reasons Y users might want 2 check the news d
Posted by dgonsh, Thu Sep-25-03 05:01 PM
>- to learn about last minute shows added
even if the show was cancelled weeks before, a la Toronto picnic. im kidding. ive definately forgiven and forgotten for that misunderstanding.

>- to learn of contests
you know most of us get on those contests like muhfu**ers. love em.

>- the boondocks
even if some of us have no clue what the hell mcgruder is ramblin bout, you still gotta love it.

>- to catch up on the anecdotes of Labelle and B
love them. labelle is a fresh addition and B is classic. im still wonderin what the hell brian's been up to since the com tour ended.

>- you never know when ?uesto might drop a super update!
man, we havent had one of those full page callibers since the mr. evisu gold.

dan. quest. steve. whoever' reading. i was deeply sadenned when quest got pissed off and virtually vanished for a minute. im sometimes pissed when theboards dont move. and im definatelly pissed when artists round here get unjust criticism every ten minutes. but thats just ignorance. at least they could validly explain themselves.

but most of all, i was in distress when you mentioned the pay aspect of this site. i know it was probably just a "in the heat of the moment" type threat, but us loyals who respect and understand the gift of okayplayer that weve been given, surely would be in full out objection to an OKAYPAYER. personally, i dotn even know i could afford to subscribe to a website assuming the issue ever cam up, what with school costs and min. wage problems; nevertheless, i dont think i could use the internet the same again without okayplayer after school and before bed. id essentially check my email, and wonder aimlessly through cyberland.

okayplayer.com, is a second or third home to many of us, im sure i could safely say without discretion, and frankly, im not sure what my point in this rant is, but one thing i do know is, i appreciate everything you guys do for us, the real fans, and even if i dont agree with everything said, doesnt mean i dont dread the day that okayplayer is nothing but a shadow in the dust, with a timely placed tumbleweed.

anyway, have a nice day.

peace, dgonsh

AUGUST 12/2003---THE DAY THE JU JU JU JU GENERAL DISCUSSION BOARD WENT BLANK.

"anytime i state an opinion i state it's my opinion, and i back up why i stated the statement (time willing). so please folks you got to understand that it's not a good feeling to read a i'm not on his nuts comment. if i need some attention for my nuts i'll call a jawn." -Quest