Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectvery well said.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=6440&mesg_id=6626
6626, very well said.
Posted by dro, Mon Sep-22-03 02:36 PM
all of it. and i think you are right on the money, about the vets and quest and all. their time is being devoted elsewhere as they are beginning to take some seriously big steps in what they want to do w/ their life. and for ?uest, like you i don't know the man personally, but it's safe to say that he is at a high point in his career, where he is always busy working w/ a different artist, and finally getting the respect 10+ years in the game deserves. So, why then, if he is so fond of "connecting" with people, would ?uest during his free time come to a place where the only people to "connect" with are a bunch of naysaying assholes? i know i wouldn't want to. which is probably why a lot of the other vets aren't here anymore. when they do have time to come to the site, there is very little to reply to and talk about, so they say, "fuck it. its not worth it anyways." personally, i've been here since, oh, fall of 2000, and look at my post count. probably sub 5000 w/ this name and DROots combined. because, basically, there just isn't much to reply to anymore, or any good discussion to be had.
its hard to put your finger on why the quality of the posting has degraded itself, but i think you're right. a lot of the groupies have decended here, and it makes it kind of hard to find the posts that are balanced: not hatin, but not on the dick.

don't know how to finish this, so i will say this: OKP at its best is a great community of people around the world, who all probably came because they liked one or more of the artists marketed, and stayed because they liked the atmosphere of the boards, and felt they had somthing positive to contribute. At its worst, its a bunch of disgruntled "true hip hop heads" who are angry that the artists marketed here are not producing EXACTLY what they want them to, and feel the need to cry about it or criticize its maker w/out backing it up.

its a tough world, this OKP