Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Is This The End?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=6440&mesg_id=6608
6608, RE: Is This The End?
Posted by Alphabet, Sun Sep-14-03 05:14 AM
Well like somebody said earlier I ain't been here long...BUt I thought it was dope how somebody from the band would come and chill with the fans like this...I didn't even KNOW that Quest and 'nem be on here posting when I sign up..I just liked the boards regardless, becasue I'm a Roots fan and most of the kats on here is knowlegeable about music..when I found out Okay artist post and reply it was like a added bonus. At the same time I think people is right to have they opinons, and should be realistic that everybody is not 'gon like you....Some of it is constuctive, some is hatin'..but you 'gon get that anywhere..BUt I don;t think Quest should just bounce completely . It'll be like shittin on your fans..Cuz regardless on what niggas be sayin on here, when it comes down to droping that next Roots c.d most of us gon get it regardless. MTV don't souport ya'll like this place, BET either, Hot 97, Source, XXL..all the major urban outlets don't give ya'll the souport like ya'll niggas get from here...So if you be like "fuck this place"....Do you really think the 106 & Park crowd gon take up the slack?!....Not dissin' them but on the real The Roots style of music don't fit the sterotypical demograhic of that crowd...But The Roots make music for poeple thats like them...poeple that appreciate the art of music and the integrity of it..And you know you got that with (most) of the oker's..so yhea......