Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: on the cool...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=6440&mesg_id=6558
6558, RE: on the cool...
Posted by Shawn_Gee, Sat Sep-13-03 03:46 PM
Dawg....I didn't mean to signal you out like you are THE REASON. I know there are people on the site that are truly assholes and I'm sure you're not one of them....but the problem is I don't visit the site often enough to know who these people are nor do I pay close enough attention to what people post on the site (other than sportsboard...GO EAGLES). I react mainly to what I hear from ?uest, other members of the Roots, other artists...etc that always have a negative perception of the website.

The reason your particular Phrenology attacks stuck out in my mind was because of your very first review of the CD.....yes you bashed it, but u did so in such a way that my partner thought fmwj was my alter ego. The insights and theories you had were VERY much on point (or should I say some of them)....and we really had a healthy discussion based on your critical review. That is the type of intelligent criticism that we thought we would get.....and you copied your review on a couple of boards (lesson, GD) which was cool, because I liked the healthy discussion that your post provoked..... However you MUST admit that for a period of a couple weeks you went out of your way to express your disdain for the album in every post imaginable....I think someone called it post-chasin (I'm not well versed on Internet lingo, so I hope thats right). The only reason I know this is because after reading your review, I was interested in seeing what other opinions you had on other artists/music...etc. However all i saw was continued bashing of Phrenology. As many have said your opinions on music is probably shared and respected by lots of people on the boards. But I just don't pay enough attention to know the real assholes.