Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjecton the cool...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=6440&mesg_id=6544
6544, on the cool...
Posted by fwmj, Fri Sep-12-03 10:07 PM
i spent the last two and a half hours, putting aside design work, thinking of something to write (sans my usual vitriol) in response to Shawn_Gee^OK's post, but realising i'd a) be retreading already worn ground with shit that makes perfect sense (although previously stated colourfully) and b) that which would have been said would fall on deaf ears by the one who probably needs to hear/read it most, i decided against it.

in short(er than this could have been).

have dan/aoxomoxoa delete both fwmj and chocolateboywonder accounts.

i won't be posting here any longer.

there is absolutely no logical reason for a grown man, 10 years my senior, to leave his own website because of a few people (and apparently, namely me since y'all keep tryin to make me famous) with unrelenting opinions about his most recent work, some of his more questionable business moves, backdoor hating on his ex-co-conspiritors, peers, and contemporaries, and backpeddling on previously held and quite sound ideals.

i don't come here now and didn't come here in '99 to ham it up with ?uest. being starstruck is not me. i came here to talk about music from time to time with folks i might grow to respect. but i realise there are many more people, mostly johnny-come-lately Roots fans (or johnny-come-lately rap fans in general), that are here to ham it up with ?uest/kiss ?uest and Co's ass than there are of me.

and as self important as i might appear to be, i'm not that self important to knowingly deprive hundreds to thousands of other people from getting out of www.okayplayer.com what it is they come here seeking. so i'm folding.

?uest, don't leave/change up the entire program on account of me (Whaleboy70/Rashid78/Mikedef2001 don't count because he's a fucking idiot that forgets to take his medication too often) and others with dissenting opinions that choose to state them in semi-comedic ways.

VR,
frank william miller, junior
fmiller@rice.edu | fwmj@fwmj.com

p.s. holla at them emails if you want a real ass opinion by someone that has nothing to gain by kissing your ass and not that of a 'Yes Man/Rider'.
p.p.s. people should pay me to be a 'No Man'.