Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectokp DOES hand out paychecks
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=6440&mesg_id=6501
6501, okp DOES hand out paychecks
Posted by lazyboi, Fri Sep-12-03 05:07 PM
Cause as soon as common came on this site he went gold. he got a bigger paycheck. WE did that. I didn't recognize nor even have and urge to buy some of these ok artists, till this site came up. frill.

i mean who the fuck was voting on mtv every day posting "i voted" trying to get his video played? okayplayers

and you don't know if okp gets paid or if the artists get paid for being an ok artist. so somebody Is getting a pay check. if they used this site as a tool, they'd probably sell more records. period.

every time I hear that "talib" is pissed off about something on this site I make the "dookie face" (c) babs. cause while okay players were buying his albums. fuckin spitkicker dot com ain't have shit but an unlinkable picture of a mic on it.

I’m sorry quest this is your shit but my opinion is, if an artist is gonna complain about this site, when their ass doesn't even use it to it's fullest potential that's just foolish to me. ain't nothing wrong with going on 106 n park. but realize that the only time they gonna play your shit is the day you are there, and you got people here ready to pump your shit, buy your shit, play your shit at parties, going to see your shows, publicizing your shit, defending your shit, spreading the word on your shit. if you gonna shit on those folks, cause of some assholes in the mist, all the while cheezing on mtv and BET well then, what can I say?

damn would you rather come here where 50 percent of a small population is saying "your shit is wack" or rather go to BET/MTV where 85% of a much larger audience/powers that be is sayin "your shit is wack, we can't play that"

quest said it himself, these artists have die hard fans here. fucking "use" them then. he's even said he tries to get artists to come on here.

if you are just gonna come on here when your album drops and say thank you, then be out. if you gonna come back and say some joking shit like "internet punks", or have your manager come on here when you think someone may leak a remix or just come on here when some negativity is here, then don't complain about the negativity when that's all you seem to pay attention to.

this site is a valuable tool here. Tracy and Merc had mofo's calling mca one time. more cats bought their album, because of this site.

it's 2003 artists. learn to use a pc, get one, and interact with your fans. y'all ain't THAT big. you see where that "on the mountain shit" got mike Jackson. and y'all okp's quit making excuses for some of these cats. they are grown folks I respect them but Jeezus. Understand that shit you do, or don't do is affecting your shit.

>I didn't even think the moderators got paid.

former mod. to answer your question no
>i bet BET even pays that annoying Cita bitch who ain't even
>real. You can't blame somebody for trying to get paid and
>get known by the real world.

read this
http://www.okayplayer.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=21669&forum=general1&viewmode=threaded

>For real, I don't know if yall realise it, but everytime I
>mention okayplayer, my boys look at me like I'm crazy.

as they probably should

>Don't nobody care about what goes on in cyberspace on my
>block. It's cool to get the inside scoop this way, but yall
>done turned this place out.

what are you talking about?

we must protect...this..house...
will you protect this HOW-WOOSE?