Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectSad but truly bitter.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=6440&mesg_id=6476
6476, Sad but truly bitter.
Posted by Nathaniel, Sat Sep-13-03 12:06 AM
"i refuse to make priority being on this site 5 hours a day..."

Ummm...Quest..I waas a big fan of the group "the Roots" mainly because of you. It firstly amazed me that a dark skinned cat that looked like a statesmen with the long beard..and the conflicting appearance of the blowout was craazy. Your connection with my vocal godfather d'angelo was a plus, and then the jigga connection sealed it for me. I appreciate the real, it os eveidenced in my walk, my talk, my dress, my songs that I write, and the way in which I sing.

I say all that to say, if you leave...you left..Your presence and quick wit will be missed..but I hope that you don't lose yourself to the dogs of self-doubt and self-consciousness...and the yes-men...just cause a nigga critticize your shit don't mean quit doing what brought you the fame. You keep working.
At any rate, maybe it's best, cause that last tirade about outkast not licking your boots enough on tour was trey-weird, especially coming off of your fingerttips homie. Good Luck with the new site and things. Later.