Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectthis place
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=6440&mesg_id=6459
6459, this place
Posted by dro, Fri Sep-12-03 05:24 AM
definately wasn't what it was 4 years ago.

i definately cosign with what you and a lot of other people have said, and i wish others would take heed to this advice, but unfortunatley, i'd say about 75% of the posters here do not follow these basic rules:

1. THIS IS A ROOTS FAN SITE. IF YOU DON'T LIKE THEM DON'T COME.
2. DON'T COMPLAIN THAT THEY DIDN'T PLAY ONE RANDOM SONG AT THE SHOW YOU WENT TO. THEY CAN'T PLEASE EVERYONE.
3. IF YOU ARE GOING TO DISAGREE WITH SOMTHING THE ROOTS HAVE DONE, BACK THAT SHIT UP. THIS IS THE MAIN REASON WHY OKP IS NOT WHAT IT WAS. PEOPLE SAY "THE ROOTS SUCK NOW" "THEY'RE NOT HIPHOP" AND LEAVE LIKE THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT THEY ARE A BAND WHO WILL DO THEIR OWN THING, WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT.

If this is your goodbye post, and please don't see the following as "dick riding," because i have definately tried to offer some "constructive criticism" since i've been here, i'd like to say

thank you. thank you for actually taking the time to interact with your fans while you are in the midst of a business that often only sees fans as album sales. I hope that for the 4 years i've been here, (fall of 99 i believe...) i have done none other than offer thoughtful, and constructive posts, explanations, evidence, etc in my opinions expressed on these boards. i don't blame you or your colleauges for hating this place. shit, i feel for you. i actually think the reason my post count is so low is that there just isn't enough stuff on here i feel the need to add my opinion to, because most of it is bullshit.

good luck w/ having a real social life outside the boards. just keep us updated on the album, aight? lookin forward to its new sound. fuck the narrow minded haters. ya'll are on some next shit that i beleive that no one may ever totally "get."