Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectnah...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=6391&mesg_id=6421
6421, nah...
Posted by freedomfighter_pnk, Tue Sep-30-03 05:32 PM
I doubt there even was a tresspassing complaint, cops can easily make that shit up to cover up their faults. Does anyone know if the laws are different in Canada? Cause I also refused to give personal information once, because I didn't have ID, and the cops didn't have a reason to ask. I was just walking down the street. They tried to tell me I was obstructing an investigation by not telling them my info, they got frustrated and they slammed me against the car and threw me into the back seat. They threatened and cursed at me for a while, then let me out shortly after. I assume they just take down information about people, and say if, for example, a stabbing was reported around the same time u were questioned, they'll come question you about it. Another example of cops making up reasons, is when I was with a friend once, who was hand cuffed for no reason, and after they searched him, they found some weed, and charged him with possesion, even though they didnt know he was carrying it at the time of the arrest. They said someone reported a BNE in the building we were infront of, which I'm sure was total bullshit. When he started harassing me, I immediately asked to see his badge to varify his #, and he changed his attitude completely, and became much more friendly. Anyways, my question is, do I have to show an officer ID if I'm approached without reason? This has happened numerous times, and I always end up arguing, and in the end, I give the info, whether it's real or not.