Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjecthe shined on phren....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=6165&mesg_id=6383
6383, he shined on phren....
Posted by kinetic94761180, Tue Sep-30-03 06:06 AM
-"thought @ work" ("if i run out of shots i'm goin' out pokin'"), he ripped "rock you", the whole "complexity" joint was great (at times the best of the whole project, even going by just tariq's 3 verses), as much as y'all say "sacrifice" sucked, you came name too many who'd collab. w/ nelly furt. and have better results on an mc tip ("my microphone'll make a man a newborn infant, it's truth, so the true gon' sense it, i get in the zone"), there's no need to mention the tracks w/ kweli, because he always holds his own amongst kwe, mos, com & all his other "boho" buddies, i can only think of ll off the top of my head who can even compare on a "chick" track (break you off, complex.), he gave you your story w/ "water", and don't even make me speak on the "quills" & "pussy galore". it's like, say what you will, but, again, take that list you got up there, and let's compare studio work using phren for tariq (which many may say isn't the best display of his work), and you come up w/ a decent argument for 9 of those mc's (or however many of 'em are better than tariq) & get back at me....