Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjecthere's what you said...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=6165&mesg_id=6274
6274, here's what you said...
Posted by volleyneck, Mon Sep-15-03 07:31 PM
"please read carefully" ©comment (sounds kind of patronizing, huh)...

>pac could not compete with bt on a rhyming level.

>In my opinion ive never heard a tupac verse that made me think "he ripped it" but his content was heavier than most other artists and thats why hes so heavily admired. Not for his lyrical flow.

I respect your opinion that tupac never "ripped" a single verse and doesn't have an admirable lyrical flow. But I think you were generalizing, and reaching at that. With one of the most extensive and respectable bodies of work in the game, I find it hard to believe that you truly can't find 8 bars that flow nicely. Just for one example, remind yourself of the verse in "Only God can judge me" that I wrote in reply to shockzilla: he killed it in my opinion.

How can Pac be one of the most highly-regarded rappers, if his delivery is thought of as wack by the majority? Unless you can tell me that the likes KRS or Rakim said they don't respect Pac's flow, it'll be tic for tac; I admire Pac for a lot of things -- flow included. Again, a lot of this is just opinionative: some people respect flows like Bone Thugs or Busta Rhymes more than they do Rakim or Em. Two totally different styles, and moods.

>Please read carefully. I NEVER said pac didn't have a flow.
>I said he was not ADMIRED for his flow. Thank you very much.

Again, I say "he was not admired for his flow" is a genreralized statement. You don't speak for the hip-hop community (if you heard the majority of respectable rappers say "Pac's flow sucks", let me know and I'll retract), and surely not me.