Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectI dont think niggas really will ever understand...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=6165&mesg_id=6229
6229, I dont think niggas really will ever understand...
Posted by billyshakespeare, Fri Sep-12-03 06:27 PM
...that this nigga IS the best MC of all time.

Mainly cuz they dont fully think of what mc means. It means MASTER

BT is a MASTER at all things MC'in. hands down.

1) This nigga controls a live show without effort. How many rappers have you heard do OTHER PEOPLES VERSES at their own show. niggas will do their verse, then on to the next song. Also, I aint never heard this man mess up on stage in my life(maybe you have). at a 2and1/2 hour show! come on man.

2) I have NEVER heard a verse from him and thought it was wack, EVER(Seed 2.0 dont count, that was basically a cody song/remix). Thinkin right now, I cant think of anybody else I can say that about. That nigga brings it everytime.

3) Who flows better. I'm talkin about meshin your cadence wit the beat. This cat can flip syllabes, change his rhyme structure,or whatever and will ALWAYS BE ON BEAT. nothing ever sounds forced. He never packs too many words in his lines. It just sounds too natural. And he mostly always makes sense. (I would say Ghost has better flow if his shit made any sense, but I think its easier to mesh random words than it is to try to have your isht make sense)

4) there's other stuff I can tthink of right now but who cares

I think what it comes down to is one thing

CONSISTENCY

Cuz every single time I have heard this cat I have been impressed.

I cant say that about anyone else.Used to be like that with nas, but we know he was blinded by the bling. Com was the same, but we have no idea what happened there. And mos would be on that level but he aint put out enough stuff.

Regardless i dont think ther is or has been another MC in the game that has had every part of it locked so easily

Disclaimer: obviously I aint heard everybody, this is just my opinion with the information I have.