Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectthis is where your arguement loses steam
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=6165&mesg_id=6193
6193, this is where your arguement loses steam
Posted by J_Sun, Wed Sep-17-03 03:16 AM
>i mean don't get me wrong, black
>thought is an incredible mc to me. i have never been
>fortunate to see his live show, so i'm just going off
>albums. and just off of albums, i believe these other dudes
>are "more incredible."

MC means move the croud (c) Rakim

People lose sight of the fact that the live show is just as important as the studio recordings. I have been to many shows in my days and the only MC who gives a liver stage show than Black Thought is KRS-One. You said Monch is your GOAT. Have you ever seen Monch live? I have and while not wack, he's not touching Black Thought when it comes to rocking a crowd live. Now, granted part of what makes The Roots so live in concert is the band, but believe me, on stage Thought is the leader of the group. He commands the stage and the croud like an MC is supposed to do.

"The Black Hills of Dakota, steeped in the history of the American West, home of Proud Indian Nation. A land where imagination conjures up images of blue clad Pony Soldiers and magnificent Native American Warriors. A land still rutted with wagon tracks of intrepid pioneers. A land where waitful winds whisper of Sitting Bull, Crazy Horse, and Custer. A land of character, of bravery, of tradition. A land that truly speaks of the spirit that is America."