Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectit was crap... I ranted about it in my blog.. read on:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=5967&mesg_id=6011
6011, it was crap... I ranted about it in my blog.. read on:
Posted by NaijaCandy, Tue Nov-04-03 08:12 PM
my take on the whole Ja rule louis farrakhan "interview"

what the fuck was all that about? I kept thinking it was some sort of joke.. both of them lamenting and going on and on about nothing in particular... hip hop is in trouble.. my foot. Hip hop was in trouble before there was any beef between those two.. Where was Farakkhan then? Mater of fact Ja was all for the state of hip hop when he was disrepsecitng owmena nd promoting gun play.. what a hypocrite. Hip hop is way bigger than some beef and these guys aren't even the biggest rappers in the game.. well 50 is but people hardly remember Ja...

Aside from Farakkhans' inarticulate blabbering what really made the whole thing stomach turning was the fact that it was aired on the same day Ja's new album dropped. To add insult to injury, they play the commercials of this new CD in between all Rarakkhans rantings of changing the world and all his conspiracy theories about the US govenrment and TIenaman square... WHat bullshit.. I wish BET hadn't aired taht shit.. especially during 106 and park.. I would have rather watched another stupid video from Marques Houston and I hate that little nigga.

They insult the public when they do things like that..obviously this was highly orchestrated... they should have done this way back in march not just before his album drops.. what's that about? Plus it's not like he didn't put out his own adis tracks.. just because they didn't get lots of play whose fault is that... I don't even believe Ja Rule.. it doesn't mean I condone what 50 did and all but it's not that big a deal.. seriously... neither of them are tellign the truth anyway I just get that feeling.. I think 50 is so over the beef thing because he knew he didn't need it anymore.. and yes he did need the drama to make sales at first BUT you could tel it was a heartfelt hatred AND it was a welcome change to hear some real rap in stead of sing-songy rap that Ja Rule kept ramming down our throuats.. he was getting way ahead of himself with that "it's murdaaaaaaaa" shit. Like we weren't already sick of it even before 50's Wanksta dropped? please.. the Jlo song was the limit for me.. I'd never miss Ja if he never did another record.. I was like damn this lil nigga's every where.. then mesmirize dropped with a jacked beat.. I'm like wtf? Ja doesn't say much everythign is a love song... I miss biggie's kinda rap I miss tupac's kinda rap I love that jay Z is true to his shit and didn't start singing and crying on video... I'm a girl but I love me some real fucking hardcore rappers.. Ja was all about selling records but all these people were trying to stay true to some ideal.. I don't get that from Ja.. I get it more from 50... sure he's all about selling records but when I hear him rap, it's exciting, it's real. There's just somethign raw I haven't felt from many new rappers ( except the clipse ) anyway.. I just hope no one's buying the propoganda Ja's carefully cooking up... and What was Louis Farakkhan talking about...? He's supposed to be talking about spirituality and he's talking about "how did the beef begin" for one, he shouldn't even be using the word "beef"... nah I wasn't buying it he didn't say anything deep or profound it was allll jibberish to me....

The whole trick was a ploy to sell Ja's shit and make 50 look like the bad guy.. I know they think the public is shifty and maybe we are in all honesty but rappers come in all flavours we're allowed to switch aren't we..? I don't knwo what Farakkhan was talking about but it's really just music... to me anyway.. I'm not caught up in ghetto mentlity thinking I"m going to hate one rapper because of another.. If thatw as true no one would like nas.. he's had beef with every fucking rapper alive.. same goes for Tupac.. he hated EVERYBODY.. if Pac was alive today he's be in some beef for SURE... doesn't mean we'll hate him or his enemies... I think Frakkhan just beliettleed everyone involved by saying Ja rule and 50 have some sort of power over us... oh please.. they're the leaders.. they have the oppurtunity to blah blah blah I've never seen a rapper in the last 8 years make any kind of political statement or even real sense. MOst of the time they're caught up in their little wars about who'e more "street" than the other.. tell me how that's really helping balck people.. How are rappers paving the way for any black person in America or outside of Amercia for that fact. Bah... I have my hwole theory on rap vs. reality but it's really nothing to do ith Ja or 50.. or even Frrakhan for that matter who ceased being relevant a long fucking time ago.

//from naijacandy.com "the bitter truth" blog