Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectSwept Away
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=5533&mesg_id=5621
5621, Swept Away
Posted by ThaCamillion, Mon Jan-05-04 09:39 AM
So I'm standing there with my CREW (at the 9:30 Club, Thursday) swaying with the beat, all up in the MOMENT when I hear the beginning of Swept Away. (I've never heard that live) I get all AMPED like "YOOOO" then they switched it up and there I stood, still vibing but a little hurt... What a dirty trick guys...

Other then that incident the show was TIGHT (oh & except for the absence of my man PETE & CL) Little Brother has a new backer over here. I think it has a lil something to do with an inpromptu salsa number with Ms. Jean Grae and certain KRIS KROSS-inspired dance.

If- I mean when The Roots do that 7 day joint, I am there. Me and my camera. That just might top the $5 show at O.D.U. in 2000 where Hub pimped out WHITE LINES among other tracks thus basically inspiring me to pick up a guitar.

SKILLZ... 2003! Tight! Lemme borrow that jacket? I know I know, it might be a lil bit 2 big, but I'm saying though.

Jean Grae. Those sneakers. The truth. Word. Rhymes. Tight. I tried to tell the people. They had to see it first hand.

PEACE