Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectFirst off I start with a thank you
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=5533&mesg_id=5596
5596, First off I start with a thank you
Posted by radin, Wed Dec-31-03 11:22 AM
I appreciate that when you post a thread you take the time to listen to the responses and act on it. Although I never got my Sections, when Riq' dusted off his Rhyme book Monday night for Push Up Ya Lighter I about lost it. That song should always be a live show anthem. What they Do was nice, but damn that version of Clones with everyone coming out, inlcuding Jean Grey (one of the best acts of the night for me).

So I came in from Ohio for the show and was not disappointed. Jean Grey and Skillz stole the show. As for The Legendary this is why I came to the show. Yes the crowd was not as amped for the new ish, and that midset Push Up Ya Lighter almost blew the roof off the venue. LB did they're thing, but the only criticism I have from the corwd was the amount of acts you continued to pump at us nonstop. By Def Jux I think the crowd just needed a break. Even the Ashton Kutcher look alikes next to me that new every word Aesop & Vast Aires spit looked a bit tired by the time they came out.

Bottom line had the whole Def Jux part of the show been cut, the show would have been fire. I did see Pete Rock & CL Smooth and didn't get to enjoy it as much as I should have because I was just drained by the time they got out. You got to remember standing on your feet for an hour and a half doing nothing before the show to get good positioning takes alot out of you.

So I managed to gain my composure for your last set and feel the energy you brought, but still props to you for staying behind your kit for so long, I had a tough time just standing there and focusing in the audience.

****my Highlights
1. BT dusting off his Rhyme book for the Illadelph classics.
2. J Live getting behind the tables and cutting up the beat to bragging writes while flowing at the same time.
3.Jean Grey & Skillz energy on the mic (props to LB as well but I just don't feel they're verses..yet!)
4.Thoughts attempts at audience participation to get the crowd back into it...I was with him but people were dragging.
5. going back to my hotel after the show and running into Pete Rock, chatting with him for a minute and looking over and noticing it's none other than Missy Elliot walking towards us.