Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjecti'm confused too
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=5533&mesg_id=5540
5540, i'm confused too
Posted by qoolquest, Wed Dec-31-03 06:18 AM
i was all amped to finally have a reason to bring back the old shit. and after blasting riq about how excited they will be when we rock the classics.

riq gave me that "told you so" look. (as in i aint never doing no shit before 1999 ever again----y'all did give us the crikets in africa sound y'all)

on our part i was thrown that we were doing "what they do" for the first time in 6 years. but not one hand was raisd in the air.

it also didn't help matters much that riq needed a cheat sheet (yes it happens, jigga was seconds away from having a teleprompter at the garden show, bowie and stipe use cheat sheets too. i think riq has space for about 25 songs in his head. and since he got about 13 new joints all ready to go (that first song we did (album intro) is easily about 80 bars of straight spit)

so in order to prepare for my dream show (i wanna do 7 nights at the kitting factory and each night a new album: monday/organix in full mode, tuesday/DYWM, wed/IH, thursday/TFA, friday/greatest hits, saturday/phren, sunday/TTP)

but in order to make this come off we got a LOT of work ahead of us.

and we start preparing now.

(i know this is a dick tease and all, but i will try my hardest to make this a reality---just know that it will take 7 people to make this work)---not just me.