Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Finding Forever is officially the #1 album in the country
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=48313&mesg_id=48396
48396, RE: Finding Forever is officially the #1 album in the country
Posted by Bonaventure15, Mon Aug-13-07 05:18 AM
Big ups to Common.As well as all those who made the album number 1.I'm a 30 yr old South African who was introduced to Common by a friend about 10 years ago and have never looked back since.I haven't heard the new album yet as it will only be available in stores here at the end of the month.However, radio stations here have been playing 'A dream' for quite a while now and the otha day I heard 'So far to go' and 'The Game' and I must say I was highly impressed.I've hinted to my girlfriend that I'd like to get a copy of the album and yesterday I couldn't help but notice she was on okayplayer.com.Since my birthday is coming up later this month,I hope and pray she was ordering the Finding Forever copy online.Thanks to Common and all otha Hip Hop and Soul artists (Mos Def,The Roots,Slum Village,Talib,Guru,D'Angelo,Bilal,Musiq,Jill Scott,Bilal,Floetry,Jeff Townes et al) who continue to inspire us through their music and thought provoking lyrics.

Growing up in the townships of Mzansi (Township slang for South Africa) with the high unemployment rate,crime and drug situation one could have easily swayed off the rails but your music helped me to stay focused and on top of my game. I must say, my favourite Common recordings of all time are 'The Light' and most recently 'Its you world' and 'Love is' from 'Be'.One question for all artists I have mentioned...When are ya'll coming down here? We've had Buster, Kanye, JayZ and Snoop and they all kicked butt.

God Bless Common (If heaven had a height/You would be that tall)
God Bless Africa.God Bless all ya'll reading this.One Love
R.I.P Dilla
R.I.P Steve Biko
R.I.P Bob Marley

Thapelo aka Thap's