Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: His voice is in demand.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=48204&mesg_id=48210
48210, RE: His voice is in demand.
Posted by bentagain, Sat Aug-21-10 06:57 PM
Who is he Morgan Freeman now. The commercial was the tipping point, i've been progressively disappointed in his music following the electric circus album with UMC leaving me disgusted, but since this post was started, i've begun to notice other hip-hop artists and how they are used in commercials...

B.O.B., in an adidas commercial, which is hip-hop as they sponsored run dmc, had a run dmc shoe, and his music is in the commercial

Dre, in an ad for a laptop designed for making music, also hip-hop related

RZA, i can't recall what the ad was for, playstation or some other game system, but he's in the studio and its relevant to his music

Now this stupid ass Gatorade commercial has been used for football with peyton manning and basketball with dewight howard. I see it all day long as i watch alot of sports. It has nothing to do with hip-hop or music. I have a friend who does some acting and the way you get paid off of commercials should have him set for a long time to come. so we'll see what his next career move will be...