Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectDoesn't he have a S.A.G. card...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=48204&mesg_id=48207
48207, Doesn't he have a S.A.G. card...
Posted by bentagain, Wed Jun-16-10 08:04 AM
...at least that's what he claims in his rhymes, so how could money even be a motivator. He should still be getting residule checks from Smokin Aces and American Gangster.

The point of the post is when is it okay to label him a sell-out, which I guess I would define as having money as your only motivator. That commercial touched a nerve with me as Common was one of a few artists I checked for on the regular, but I don't have the same feeling for any project he's associated with anymore.

As for defending Will.I.Am, GTFOOHWTBS. I bought Bridging The Gap, only because Primo did some production and De La, and Mos were on the album, other than that, the BEPs are garbage and I never bought another album, they had no choice but to go pop or have no career. Adding to the definition of sell-out, compromising your art for financial success. The Sergio joints were dope though, but that's because those albums have all-star casts, don't give Will the credit on those, he's on like 3 or 4 songs.