Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Common officially a sell out...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=48204&mesg_id=48206
48206, RE: Common officially a sell out...
Posted by rick, Tue Jun-15-10 06:25 PM
>wtf is a sellout...
>
>a man paying his bills? the love for hip-hop never fed any
>mc. go ask some of the legends from the 80's. u get nothing
>but tall props n short changed.
>
>his last album was corny as fuck but besides that he hasn't
>strayed far. Kanye was a good spark of energy for his
>career.

yeah i agree about how you define a sellout. i hate it when people call will.i.am a sellout, and claim he used to make good music.

im always like, "oh yeah? to what albums are you referring? can't recall? was it bridging the gap and behind the front? it was? i wonder why you couldn't remember the names, or maybe it's because you didnt buy those fucking albums, and maybe if you had, will could have gotten paid and not gone a more pop route. and have you eheard the sergio mendes albums or songs about girls or the must b 21 soundtrack, or the actual bep albums? no, you haven't bothered to listen? cuz he drops some heat on those albums, regardless if you love underground or commercial shit."

ionno about this "paying his bills" comment though. im sure his acting/music career is keeping the lights on, i have no assumption that he needs to make commercails to live, but if the good people of coke offered you $1M to chug a can and smile while being taped, i would sure as fuck do that shit, then i would snort lines of actual coke off some big tittied girls left buttchoke, laughing maniacally down venice boulevard.