Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: i think it has to do with late show times and being middle of the week
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=47766&mesg_id=47786
47786, RE: i think it has to do with late show times and being middle of the week
Posted by hdub, Fri Jul-03-09 07:07 PM
i followed the roots religiously from about 2002-2006 havent seen them since last year's picnic though

as far as fans dropping off, i got to say that i was definitely very disappointed by the last two albums. no disrespect or hate intended cause i still bought them and will buy what comes out next in hopes that its better but i feel like both of the last albums were packed with similar tracks that didnt have sonic or lyrical hooks to keep me interested

i will never lose faith in the roots' ability to put on a live show or put out a great album but the last two seem like they must have been rushed or something. it wasnt that they were bad just not enough to get into my regular rotation or to compare to what the band had put out before

i really want to go to one of these jams but timing and money are definitely issues. im hoping my situation will permit me to hit up a midweek show like that by the next time they make tix available