Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectthis post reminds me of the scene in purple rain
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=46662&mesg_id=46873
46873, this post reminds me of the scene in purple rain
Posted by rl9, Sun Apr-20-08 07:52 AM
where the promoter gets mad at prince..."what's this one song shit?"
i mean it's not exactly the same but people in here catching feelings and overreacting about things they have no idea about. and yeah, it was effective. the question is if the people can still follow it or if everybody is ready to drop the ball and "let morris run the show"?

i think doing the ssp in that setting was a good choice. especially with the background info you gave now.

and i've been wondering how you can establish the "roots brand" in todays marketplace that translates into album sales. imo, rich broke down perfectly the demographic for roots supporters. in my 10+ years of campaigning for the roots in my circle and taking about 20+ people to shows, i observed who of those, that all loved the show, actually went out and bought the record and maybe stayed loyal.
i sadly have to say it probably was just 1-3 of those 20+ and the explantion is not "make a better record or have a nicer cover or play your hits then the people will buy".
and i do think that with quest and rich explaining things helps a lot for the okps here to realize that this is not only about having the new shit in the inbox and feel good about it for a week and then make a poll in the lesson if the record is a classic or whack.
this is about appreciating the artist and his product and staying loyal.
this is what music consumers have to realize everytime they enjoy anybody's music.
don't dwell on the songs and decisions you don't like.
give it up for the music that creates the soundtrack for your life.