Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectI just dont see how it is productive...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=46662&mesg_id=46720
46720, I just dont see how it is productive...
Posted by HighVoltage, Thu Apr-17-08 12:05 AM
to point the finger at okayplayers when there is an entire untapped market out there that has absolutely no idea that The Roots have a new album coming out in less than 2 weeks.

Ideally, yes, every fan on this site should buy the album... no arguments there. But their decision to purchase was made long ago (and its not them singling out The Roots, its likely their buying habits--or lack thereof--in general).

The fact is rest of the world outside of okayplayer--the people who are on the front lines buying music-- have no fucking clue that The Roots have a new album coming out, and thats where the big problem lies.

And im talking about the casual Roots fans here, you know, the ones who own a couple of albums, been to maybe 1-2 shows but never log onto okp, etc. I've talked with these people and they literally know nothing about Rising Down. If this really is The Roots best album, its one these casual fans will likely buy. THAT is who I think you should focus on reaching.