Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectok.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=45506&mesg_id=45512
45512, ok.
Posted by qoolquest, Sun Sep-18-05 02:37 PM
the best sounding show ever-brighton england. the night we were really born. they provided us with turbo speakers and it was 5 times the system we asked for. no one knew us. but was forced to dance cause the bass forced em to.

the best small spot outside US (grime)-Hull,UK. venue held like 400. nice speakers. rahzel did a weed brownie one night and did stand up for his solo. we became legends in that area.

favorite city-LA --house of blues. i love visiting la. i love driving 100mph on the freeway. and the thought of our peers watching us and taking notes....priceless

HOTTTTEST VENUE!-gypsy tea room (dallas tx), and st andrews hall (the D)--no air, so hot i would take my shirt off had we did an extra 3 mins on stage

smallest venue-this frathouse in princeton i think there were 70 people in living room

nightmare venue- the big ass spot in milwaukee it is the worst echo chamber EVER!

personal favorite for dumb reason-HOB in chicago cause right after the show you take secret elevator to bottom floor and tunnel leads you right into heaven (cue simpsons "ahhhhhh" intro theme) the bowling joint right in the hotel!!!!! yes!

city for tech shit-tokyo

city for records-portland or. got a SCILLION used spots.

city just to walk around and chill-san fran

city i frown on-houston....sorry we have not played a proper venue in our 10 year history here. first time there i got mased, second time was in a makeshift gas station with jeru (no bullshit), 3rd time with the fugees wasn't all ....um that bad...(venue was a makeshift strip club) i shouldnt complain---at the summit in 95 mike d. took me used drum shopping and pretty much most of the shit you heard me one is from these drums.

thank god they got a friggin venue, after 43 years!!!-cinn, ohio (hob)

love but dread it-paris. love the love i get. dread the cig smoke i have to endure.

act we will fuck up if we on the same bill again-f quaye

oops!-charging room service in our poor days to bootsy collins crew in amsterdamn in 96

motherfuck two times-austria

most encore city-3 henglo holland

bust an emcees ass night-chicago (fugees tour in 96--we invited a crew of 4 to freestyle and this dude took it upon himself to make himself a star by dissing) henglo holland-back in 95 as we were getting used to the idea that white people will indeed be our bread and butter rahzel (for what reason i dont know) decided to diss the opening act mc by calling him dougie houser---it was an 8mile battle--but hillarious. box set time im including this one.

bust a fan night-buffalo new york. last night of smokin grooves. kamal kicks a fans wrist who keeps grabbin for his balls. young fan's dad presses charges but drops em if "kid can get an autograph"....mal signs....kid gets shirt back and is like "who is this?" pops was like "you pay us with a nobody?!?!!??!" they want to press charges again cause kamal's celebrity aint big enough.---thank god B Real walked by.....the kid knew him and all was well again.

dumb shit-we get an upstate NY show canceled becasue of a brawl that went down at a digable show between DPs and fans once they heard mecca claim she was "98 million miles above these devils"

keith murray award-the gorge in washington.

jaw dropping moment done by headline act: watching zack perform with his middle finger up "fuck the police" in front of a slew of protesting cops at a rage show at the gorge. they couldn't touch him....so they harrased his fans instead doing random crowd searches.

i can go on....but damn....yall wouldn't cop the book!