Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Here we go again- flashbacks to Okayplayer of 2000...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=45250&mesg_id=45281
45281, RE: Here we go again- flashbacks to Okayplayer of 2000...
Posted by sfacade, Sun Mar-26-06 10:17 PM
Hey, I have to agree with you 110% - J Dilla was the GREATEST, NO QUESTIONS ASKED!! he was as and is the forerunner of this neo-soul movement. While producers where trying to bite his sound and catch up, Jay had moved on to another sound, leaving all of the other producers standing there stiff in his vapor trail. His sound for Tribe's Beats, Rhymes, and Life, his sound for Like Water For Chocolate, and his sound for Electric Circus were all different. Jay's sound just kept on evolving and the other producers just couldn't keep up with him. he was light years beyond. who can duplicate his "space age" sound? who can actually f with his soul clap snares? who can touch the "ummah" sound? that's what I thought. NO ONE. KANYE IS A CLOWN. HIS BEATS ARE PRE-SCHOOL AND DON'T LEAVE AN IMPRESSION ON ME AT ALL. POINT BLANK.

EASILY, THE GREATEST EVER SHOULD GRACE A COVER OF MAGAZINE!!!! THERE ARE MORE J DILLA DISCIPILES OUT THERE THAN U WILL EVER KNOW!