Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: calm thee fuck down please
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=45250&mesg_id=45273
45273, RE: calm thee fuck down please
Posted by jdet313, Fri Mar-24-06 04:10 PM
I said "no disrespect" to the Roots. I'm pissed because this is a HIP HOP PRODUCTION mag and the greatest, most bit, producer in hip hop dies and can't get the cover?! I know Jay never sought the spotlight, but this is beyond me. You know next issue they'll have gone onto to trying to sell mags and forget the whole thing. I'm just saddend that this is the state of hip hop. Y'all earned a cover, but Jay deserves it. No disrespect to anyone in your camp cause y'all have had Jay's back before, but this to me is depressing as hell. Just like all the folks on this site in the beginning who HATED on him and than want to flip-flop and say they thought he was a genius after he passes, blah, blah. And as far as your covers go, i was speaking generally and no i don't know how many covers exactly the Roots have been on, that was not the point of the post. I just meant that a whole lot more coverage has gone to y'all than Jay and i think he deserves it as much as anyone. Balance is all i was implying. I've had a hard time dealing w/ his passing and i guess it upsets me that he can't even get the love from his OWN community. I've seen it here in Detroit for years and i'm just tired of it. I'm sorry if anyone particular takes any offense to this- it's just how i feel. Peace.