Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectIn memory of Jay, this cover is bullshit!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=45250&mesg_id=45270
45270, In memory of Jay, this cover is bullshit!
Posted by jdet313, Fri Mar-24-06 03:31 PM
I'm sorry, but that shit is fuckin' wack! Some t-shirts w/ Jay's name on it on the cover is not sufficent! A tiny little picture in the top corner of Jay is not sufficent! Every goddamn "big name" producer that has been in this mag since it started has name-dropped Jay, given him props- most of whom owe their career from biting his shit! And this is what he gets in honor of him, a Roots cover?! No disrespect, but y'all should have told them that you will get NO interviews/ coverage from us if you don't put Jay on the cover. I'm sick of this shit! People giving empty props for the man and then not standing up for his legacy. How many mag covers have the Roots been on? Dozens. Jay Dee? 2? Maybe 3? The most influential hip hop producer of our generation (or any generation for that matter) passes and he can't get a cover of a HIP HOP PRODUCTION magazine?!?
What the fuck is going on? This doesn't bother anyone else? Wack "big name" mutherfuckers that have cats like Jay ghost-producing their shit get the cover, but not Dilla?! Fuck this, boycott that shit till he gets his due! Everyone (won't name no names...yet) have been eatin' off Jay's sound for a long time and I won't stand for it no more. Fuck this shit!