Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: MTV
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=45101&mesg_id=45138
45138, RE: MTV
Posted by brother nii, Fri Apr-14-06 03:21 PM
ay this is my first post on here. i just wanted to get my two cents in about MTV making a list of emcees.

i cant stand MTV, i hate it when my girl is watching it, i turn it off when its on in my schools "ethnic student" lounge when i see it on. i have a problem with all the propaganda and commercialization on MTV. i remember when i was little and MTV was music. nowadays, its all about booty shaking, whos blinging, i dont kno, i cant identify with that and the only time the black people is on there is usually something stupid. BET isnt much better, except they only show US on there acting a fool. VH1 either, with Flav on their. i kno cats that dont like black people but they luv Flav's show and watch rap on MTV. i dont kno, i have a problem with this whole music industry stuff. i aint hatin on the next man gettin his, but u got kids, and ur community u got to give back to. im glad dave chappelle made that movie, that was real. Okayplayer and Spitkicker should get a station, i bet chappelle would get down with that.