Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Proof.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=45037&mesg_id=45078
45078, RE: Proof.
Posted by PublicEnemy1189, Tue Apr-11-06 10:36 PM
This is very sad. I just hate to see this kinda stuff continue. Today I was on ALLHipHop.com where i found this terrible news out and I went over to their music page where I came across a Styles P & Jadakiss song. It was a "diss" track at 50 cent and it made me think this shit just keeps on going....The song talks about killing 50 and basically is a threat. Now I'm no fan of 50 cent and honestly I think his music sucks but I don't want to see him dead. It's sad how people are out their killing themselves everyday over nothing....Proof got killed, but why? I'm sick of seeing these rappers putting so much energy, time, and money into this silly beef shit. If they wanna battle so damn bad then go battle this government and use all that money and power they have towards feeding starving kids around the world or sumthin. Why sit in a recording studio all day making songs about killing each other? All this "beef", gangs, black on black crime, etc are in the words of the Roots "P*ssy Galore"...I mean I understand people don't always do crime cuz they wanna but cuz they have too...but does killing somebody fix anything? Whether this murder was beef related or not it still shows how these fools keep fighting themselves instead of fighting the opressors... These murders, diss tracks, daily news stories, etc make me wanna scream cuz they seem to often involve talented people who waste it all over nothing. Proof is another victim to senseless violence. That's really ashame. How many people have to die before we realize that this is stupid? This should be yet another wake up call to the Hip-Hop community. Let Proof be remembered but also and example of how we need to change this nonsense.

R.I.P.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Amerikkka is like the uncle that paid your way through college but molested you" -Chris Rock

http://www.myspace.com/publicenemy1189