Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Kweli on Proof and OKP's constant hating (myspace swipe)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=44886&mesg_id=45021
45021, RE: Kweli on Proof and OKP's constant hating (myspace swipe)
Posted by Obskura, Sat Apr-15-06 08:34 PM
I can wholeheartly agree, with your words Mr Kweli. In an era where you have to follow in the shadow of another's fame in order to achieve success. Many seem to have lost the reason why hip hop was created. It wasn't just and outlet to tell tales of people woes and sufferings,or brag about the money we can make illegally, degrade our women and so on and so on. But it is a culture that manifested itself as a way of life.

Now it is true not everything on this Earth is all good, all evil. And there are others that for the most part will always be oppose to "your" veiw. Which ever side you choose the are on the opposite waiting to strike. And you are right, most of it are from people only wishing they had 1/8 the talent those they choose to bash and lash out at have. And to me even I may or not be completely and totally right for stating this fact. Hey to some I am an outsider. I live in the BAHAMAS (yeah I said it) and to some were are the orginators of bammer some say we have no culture and we take the best from other and make it our own. Damn I can remember when one chick from the Real World (MTV) said we are a lost people because we were wearing our jeans just like the Americians. People say stupid shit with out thought with out remorse at the time, just don't hold it agaisnt then and don't let it stop you your progression.

It is a tradegy, that men and women and children died for reason totally unstatisfactory. In and artcile I found on the "NET", they are stating that it was in retaliation that Proof was killed, and to me that just and excuse. Hate begets hate until we try to change or break the cycle.

First off to me to whom ever made negative comment on M1 ablum they are at liberty to say whatever they want but the simple fact is if you don't like it then don't listen. Don't try and pass your shitty attitude off on the rest of the folk. Second B.I.G said it best you're nobay till somebody kills you. My twin said to me when he heard Proof was killed " he was a good Emcee, I beat you know he goes platinum"

It sad when your worth more dead then when your alive. Maya Angelou had a line in her book A Song Flung Up To Heaven.

A man lived. A man Loved
A amn tried, and a man died.
And that was not all to there
was to that. And it never was.

It came from when she got the news that Martin Luther King was assassinated. Trust me we all pass judgement on other it happens but we all definately don't acknowlegde the efforts of others until they are gone. Talib Kweli, M1, and everyone eles doing what they are doing for the love of this great culture please continue. And to those that were taken away so senselessly I hope your souls find peace.

Obskura