Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectof course artists really want our support. what i'm saying is
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=44886&mesg_id=45002
45002, of course artists really want our support. what i'm saying is
Posted by Jon, Sun Apr-16-06 08:20 AM
while its sad and true that many fan heads here focus on the negatives of an artist, many artist here focus on the negative fans. of course they WANT our support, but how often do you see kweli recognize or show love to a "Talib is great" post? its not just him either, i think its human nature to tend to focus on the things that bother you and take the rest for granted...but all i'm saying is both sides are just as guilty of it, and I get peeved by all of it.

i mean there's a lot of great praise given to so many artists, but you'd NEVER see one of these artists make a myspace blog quoting the wonderful things somebody said about their stuff, and you hardly ever IF ever see those artists enter THOSE posts. cats just get dismissed as dickriders by other fans, and the show goes on.

I'd say you're actually an exception to this rule, but for the most part: for every fan who only gives attention to the negative, there's an artist who does the same.