Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjecti think he's in a crappy state cos of Dilla's and now Proof's death
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=44886&mesg_id=44945
44945, i think he's in a crappy state cos of Dilla's and now Proof's death
Posted by araQual, Sun Apr-16-06 02:10 AM
the anger probly hit him harder and he blogged it.
it is, however, some immature shit. it seems like whenever he does mention Okayplayer or comes around the boards, he's talking shit about US. if he chooses to ignore the fanbase u claim is in the majority around here, then isn't that his own damn fault?

let's also think about posts in general, and what kind of posts are gonna be worth participating in. love-fest/apreciation posts are nice, but it's ususally all praise. there's little discourse, it's pretty one-way. but in a hate post, or one thats a little less vengeful and could be considered constructive criticism, ur gonna get more viewpoints, more opinions and more heated debates. it just makes for a more interesting post overall, dont u think? i mean as long as it doesn't get silly. then again we can't all post with logic behind our reasoning like an Afkap, or a buildingblock, or a jambone etc.

im not even completely sure what the consensus is on Kweli anymore. i just know he doesn't seem as popular as he was back in the Reflection Eternal days. and i think anyone who is hating on him is doing so in regards to his releases. his live show is pretty dope. it's the music he puts out that's disappointing people.
yet, as much any okp can do to criticise Kweli, Kweli HIMSELF is facilitating more hate by spouting off in hissy-fits like this one. i mean he sounds like a CHILD. a naive one at that. he can't seem to grasp that there's a whole world out there ready and willing to open their mouth, or wiggle their fingers on a keyboard and say something good or bad about him.

watever hate there exists, Kweli is not doing himself or his fans any favours by speaking on it like a bitch.

V.