Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectKweli rant (if one can call it such a thing)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=44886&mesg_id=44933
44933, Kweli rant (if one can call it such a thing)
Posted by emahunn, Sun Apr-16-06 07:28 PM
Everyone makes valid points and I completely agree that Kweli needs to focus on his fans. However, hating is not needed. Naturally, hating is in our society, however, there is not a valid reason to justify hating nor leave such hate unadressed. I feel that while constructive criticism is needed (for it was Malcolm el Hajj Malik el Shabazz who once said that criticism is needed and that no one is above criticism) if one does not have any criticism to help the artist progress and make any positive alterations in their craft, then the negative criticism is not needed. I feel that we all understand that artist are people, but we must also understand that those who hate do not represent the true fans who support the artist. As I have stated earlier, I feel that it is important that Kweli focus on those who support his music. However, I feel that everyone needs to address the haters to help the haters gain a better understanding of themselves and the artist. There are those one can not change, however, it does not mean that we discontinue with our efforts to try to make a potent change in our society. Let continue to have complex analysis instead of a black and white view of things. God bless and POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!