Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectwell allow me to retort (c) sam jackson
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=44886&mesg_id=44906
44906, well allow me to retort (c) sam jackson
Posted by lazyboi, Thu Apr-13-06 11:38 AM
dude. the only time u came on this site it seemed was

a. right before your album came out
b. somebody leaked your album
c. some bullshit about chi town dj 3rd rail

your manager or affiliate came on here threatening an okp because he had the get by remix before it was released. And dude hadn’t even posted it. He just said he had it.

The only time I heard u say okp on a song was “okayplayer hater” on an album that everybody KNEW was gonna be heard by everyone. I’m not as asshole, but I am gonna give it to you straight. After all the shit I mentioned above, you came with an album way below what your fans thought was your potential. I’ve said it once , ive said it a million times some of y’all are quick to run to 106 n park and try to get your stuff on rotation there (good luck) when u got fans right here. U got d’angelo fans, you got JFN fans, u got roots fans, etc… out of all those acts , there are a few people that probably u could reach where they’ll say. “hey u know what, maybe I will check out talib” I know cause I was like that with dilated and the JFN’s.

Then I saw u came back. I was like ok it’s a start he’s here and he’s not bitching….only a few days later to find this. How long have u been emceeing. I know the minute u signed your 1st record deal….there was at least one cat hating on you. you weren’t his flavor, jealousy, you got with his girl, you crushed his man in a battle…for whatever reason. The shit ain’t going no where. Platinum artists like kanye and jill get dissed here everyday too. It happens.

U need to start paying more attention to your fan base rather than your haters. Hell I got people at my job that, in there eyes, I can NEVER do anything right, but I still come to work and do my job. And I know rhyming is your job, however…so is entertaining. Some cats feeling they ain’t being entertained….go read when LL was going through this. The result was momma said knock u out.. u aint’ reached a million sold yet, I don’t think, so u need to work a lil harder. Jill doesn’t need to come here. They gona play her on bet and mtv…. But you…u got a chance to damn near effortlessly promote your stuff, but u are here shooting yourself in the foot.
1. by ignoring your true fans
2. by acknowledging haters..at the some time doing number 1

Stop slighting your fan base..and do like the rock says, “just bring it”. If u can’t see that you and mos’s last albums left a bad taste in your audience’s mouths after waiting for some good shit, then u must be blind.

I don’t run this site so this is jut my opinion. But if u gonna come here, then come. If u are not, then don’t. hell come in here, interact, and defend your music (?uest does that shit all the time lol)…or don’t. either way, stop crying about haters. I don’t know if u know this or not. But okayplayers probably provided a large number of your sales. Stop slighting.

Respectfully,

lazyboi

who sings "I B on that crytonite"? (c) WuGambina