Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Kweli on Proof and OKP's constant hating (myspace swipe)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=44886&mesg_id=44891
44891, RE: Kweli on Proof and OKP's constant hating (myspace swipe)
Posted by complete, Thu Apr-13-06 12:08 AM
Much respect to Kweli for providing a response which was very accurate and on point. Even though you really didn't have to respond it was good to hear a response. One of the many key points you made was when you mentioned being a true music fan which too many cats don't appear to be. I don't know if it's more conspiracy or what because it can't be that much innocent hatred going on. All I know is that if people who "claim" to have any knowledge of hip-hop aren't in some way able to feel and "appreciate" the music Talib Kweli brings to the world, they ain't "qualified" to be commenting because I really believe they aren't up on hip-hop. Same case and point applies appreciation for M-1. Again this is completely separate from expressing ones opinion, these cat's try to display complete hatred. There is a difference between an honest constructive opinion and hatred. I'm not jockin, sweatin or whatever else sucka's might think but coming from a true fan of hip-hop and an emcee who is quite nice himself I definitely support Talib and for that matter Mos and anybody Kweli associates with because he knows hip-hop. Last but not least, I have a 4 yr old daughter and 6 yr old son who are smart enough to be very aware and appreciative of Kweli's music. The children are honest and smart enough to appreciate dope music when they hear it without being tainted. Peace!!!