Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectnever was a classic
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=44813&mesg_id=44873
44873, never was a classic
Posted by truekolor, Tue Apr-25-06 12:56 PM
common is one of my favorite rappers, so get it twisted but that jawn wasn't no classic, a great album, MAYBE near classic, and that's pushing it. Like someone said, classic albums are those once in a lifetime albums, not everything is a classic, niggas be sayin that too much.

And i think Resurrection>>>OneDay>>>BE>>>LWFC.

Why? Lyrically he was better on resurrection and one day than all his albums, production on LWFC was amazing, however i thought Common wasn't really rocking on the mike like he used, it sounded like an evolved slum village album, honestly, which is fine but Com is a lyrical beast and comparably he was better on one day and resurrection lyrically than any other album. I like BE better than LWFC because......well i like him better lyrically on BE, i like the feel of the album, i do think LWFC was a more ambitious album and was real good, however i just wasn't feelin it like that as oppossed to BE.

"The white man sailed to Africa and saw the Black man laying in the bush with 12 women. As soon as the white man returned to America he created a law called Bigamy. Bigga-den-me." - Paul Mooney